Thursday, March 5, 2009

The 200th Post!

Yes, it has taken me a lot longer than many bloggers to reach 200 posts. I've got a long way to go to becoming a better blogger, but fellow bloggers tell me practice, practice, practice. I am humbled and grateful for your readership. I always welcome your dialogue with me, in fact I covet it, as part of my yearning for community with you.

I was reading Proverbs 3 yesterday and again today. Note the structure of verses 1-12: each set of two verses has a command and a blessing. Verses 1 and 2:

1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity.

"Do not forget." "keep them."

What's the result? "long life" and "prosperity." Do you want to "live long and prosper?" Know and do what God says.

Verses 3 and 4:

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

Hold on HARD AND FAST to love and faithfulness--make these a part of your personal DNA.

What's the result? Favor with God and man.

You do vs 5-12. There's a lot to be learned here!


(Side note: Verses were invented 1500 years after the New Testament was written).

No comments: