Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ready to Meet With Jesus?

Tomorrow morning you and I will be gathered together with other followers of The Way. Hundreds of millions of people will be gathering to worship the Savior, Emmanuel, God with us. Are you ready? Where is your heart tonight? Where are your thoughts? Do you have any grievances and struggles with others? Are you running away from dealing with those, or from giving them to God? Are you being pulled away God and your relationship to him by the movie your watching? Have you stopped to reflect on your day, your week, and go over it with Jesus?

Truth is, I've watched at least one movie and more TV today among doing all the other things I needed to do. There's nothing wrong with that, but now I find I'm not as connected to God right now as I want to be. I am aware of my own weakness, lack of discipline, distractedness. Yet now all is quiet in our home. The TV is off, I must be early to bed to rise and begin the morning of serving early with many others who will do the same.

May we think over questions like these, and admit to God our shortcomings in the answers to them, and look to Him for the filling grace and joy, so that tomorrow we can serve with hearts full, while at the same time seeing Him, hearing from Him, and being filled more.

Come, Emmanuel. Ransom the captives.

No comments: