Saturday, August 8, 2009

Aidan is One!

A year ago today, God gave us our firstborn son. Aidan Michael was not our first pregnancy, but he has been worth the wait. He has brought much joy into our lives. He's helped us grow as individuals, largely in that we've had to face up to the challenges of parenthood. I must say we've been blessed with what most people would consider to be an easy baby. But still, we've learned to sacrifice our time, energy, desires, and free time, for his sake.

I've grown a lot in the past year as a man, and I attribute a fair amount of that growth to being a father. I know and trust that in the months ahead, more growth will take place as each stage of Aidan's development presents new challenges. More and more I have a desire for our family to be more structured with regard to time and time management. There are things that my parents did growing up that I want to incorporate into our family life--taking what I had, and making our own version of it.

So while I look to the next year of raising Aidan, I thank God for the past year, for the amazing and incredible gift of a son who is so cute, entertaining, and full of joy.

Happy Birthday Aidan. Daddy loves you.

No comments: