Sunday, September 9, 2007

Whew!

Well, as I took things a little easy on labor day, the rest of the week was crazy just getting a lot of things done around our new Grace offices in College Park. For the first time in my life, I have an office at my work! It's so cool. Pic forthcoming as soon as I finish getting it in shape. The file cabinet is kind of scraped up on top, so I may spray paint it.

We are a small staff right now and we have a great volunteer team, but there is still so much to do. This is a good thing, just a bit tiring. But the difference is that I love my job. The danger for me lies in not spending enough time with my wife, or around the house or just for me time. I think today was the Sunday we were all ramping up for, in some ways more than for Christmas or Easter. Tomorrow I should hear more about how it's paid off. The sermon and media were nothing short of awesome though--I could sense that God was present and the next few weeks should be good as we go through this iMarriage series. I pray that staff, volunteers, all of us would be willing to realize that it is God working though us, without Him we would just be doing all this work but lives would not be getting changed. As I watched a man estranged from his wife who rarely comes to church walk in and shuffle through people and sit next to his wife, I said a prayer that God would begin to move in his heart and bring conviction, healing, all the stuff that is needed in this man's life.

I am pumped about Friday. For the last three years or so I've slumped off in following Dave Matthews Band and buying up all their music and going to concerts. Partly this is because my experiences of seeing them in Tampa haven't been the greatest. Well earlier this year I bought 8 tickets to see DMB in West Palm. I've been trying to get rid of the tickets, hopefully they will be gone so I can get my money back... But I'm looking foward to the trip, there's at least 6 of us going that I know, we're trying to get two more. I hope the concert is awesome! I realy hope Anne likes it as well. She hasn't shared my enthusiasm for DMB, hopefully she will have fun anyway. We both had a great time at Night of Joy on Friday, watching David Crowder with his craziness, and then having an awesome worship time with Leeland. Very cool stuff.

I have an unspoken prayer request--pray for COMFORT and HOPE in our lives this week. Sorry to be all cryptic, but I trust God to answer prayers, even if we can't be specific, because he knows the specific thing and the specific answer, even better than we do.

No comments: