Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Checking in with my Blog

For all those who have been checking in recently and finding yourselves disappointed that I don't have any new thoughts, I'm sorry. I've been in a blogging slump, just getting busy with lots of little things at the church. I haven't felt too pumped about blogging lately. There may be some bigger news to blog about in a few weeks, but there are issues of people wanting to keep secrets for the time being. I'll definitely keep you posted.

I CAN tell you about this Sunday at Grace Fellowship. We're celebrating our five year anniversary as a church, with a rockin' worship service full of media and music--believe it or not, we've given Mike only 10 minutes or so of service time to talk! But trust me, that 10 minutes you are NOT going to want to miss. I know God is doing great things at Grace, and that if more people will jump in alongside of us it will be even greater. Today I watched a short clip of a video from Gateway Church in Southlake, TX where they talked about how much they grew from 2001 to now. It made me hunger for that kind of growth at Grace. Numerical growth means greater momentum and excitement, and greater opportunity for people to come face to face with our living, almighty, gracious Father.

I've been hearing news lately of marriages and relationships being broken up by addictions and fights. I know this is the way the world works and addiction will be present until Jesus comes, but can I just implore you if you're reading this and you feel ready to medicate? DON'T! Your soul is worth much more than to sell it for a few brief moments of pleasure. I pray the prayer for you that I pray for myself, that the light of the Holy Spirit would fill us and drive away temptation, fill us with His strength through his residing in us, and empower us to say "No" to our sin. I pray that our hearts would cry out for God and not be satisfied with anything less. If you're reading this and you're wife or husband wants to walk out on you because of things you've done, may you even in this moment go to your knees and ask Jesus to come. Even though you feel totally unworthy, He is gracious and loving and ready to receive the person who is truly ready to turn away.

No comments: