Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lazy Couple Days

Sunday was a fun little service, I noticed there seemed to be a lot of new people that came to Grace. With Chad and Hilary gone for the week, God came through in a pinch to give us sound that we could work with by 20 minutes before the service, thanks to one of our drummers filling in as an audio tech. I did the talking parts of leading worship, while the girls led vocals. It was a bit crazy, but good over all.

By the 27th, I was starting to really feel a cold coming on strong, which got somewhat better for Sunday morning, but still hasn't totally disappeared. Anne and I both took the last couple days off, pretty much just hanging around the house. I haven't really touched church stuff, and we've slept in and things like that. Anne got sick as well, starting on Sunday and is still not feeling well. Kind of bummed me out a little to just hang around with both of us feeling sick. But we did feel good enough to go to some friends' house last night. We ended up staying there until about 2:15AM. It was fun.

With four guys last night we eventually fired up my friend Kyle's PS 3, and played Resistance: Fall of Man. It's one of those activities I didn't do growing up, because violent foster boys, like those we had in our home growing up, don't become responsible young men by playing video games. But I do enjoy video games, though I certainly wouldn't call myself an addict, and I especially enjoy those rare opportunities to play multiplayer games and have a bit of fun together. I always get my but kicked, I mean REALLY kicked hard, but I still learn and have some fun. Sometimes you just need to let yourself enjoy a bit of fun, you know? It was a great time.

No comments: