Monday, July 21, 2008

Don't Worry

I tried to actually compose a somewhat poetic sounding post, but couldn't get past the first sentence. So here's the post-10PM thoughts from today.

My brain wouldn't shut down last night with all sorts of thoughts about the impending birth of our son! It took at least an hour longer than it should have because I, like a typical guy) refused to bother finding the instructions to the crib online; BUT, we have our crib together:



And then tonight, Anne added the bedding after washing it once. Because I'm a man and can't use the word "cute," I'll say that this bedding kicks butt!



I'm so excited to meet our little boy. He's due around a month from today!

Around this time, like most first-time parents do, we've found ourselves at times worrying about how it's all going to work out. Baby aside, how many of us worry about "what am I going to wear today?" "I need a pair of _______ shoes for this event coming up." "Olive Garden or Carrabbas?" Yesterday's sermon, coupled with my small group from this morning, really made me focus in on Matthew 6:25-34. There is SO much in this passage! And it's so connected to the passage before it about God and "mammon." Are you worrying? What significant ideas do you notice in this passage? Are there any blogs/sermons online about this passage? If you'd like to participate, write your thoughts on this passage, if it hits you in a certain way, by commenting on the blog.

No comments: