Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Milestone

Today marks three years since I married God's gift to me, my bride, Anne. In three short years we have seen so many changes in our lives, so many times where God has come through for us, has brought us through challenges, has corrected us. We have a long way to grow as a couple, but we really have a great relationship. We're absolutely best friends, we are really getting to know each other's styles, preferences, nuisances, and ways of communicating.

I love you, Anne, from my heart. Apart from the work of Jesus Christ, you are the greatest gift, and my best friend. You work very hard, you lift me up when I need it, you draw out my strengths, encourage me to work on my weaknesses, and love me no matter what. You also look to me for leadership and inspire me to provide it. I know that our marriage is going to get much more strong as we both grow.

Now we're adding to the family, and God is giving us a precious gift, a little boy who we pray will grow to be a strong man of God. I'm excited about doing this together with you! Let's both develop in wisdom and knowledge of God, so we can impart that to him. On our third anniversary, I affirm that I will always love you, no matter what is going on in our lives, and I celebrate the day God brought us together 4 years ago, and the day we made it official 3 years ago, in front of all the people so dear to us.

No comments: