Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ever Sing

I've been terrible about blogging.  There's probably only two people that bother to check this anymore since I don't write often.  My wife has a gift for making things that are relatively normal about life really enjoyable and interesting to read.  Me, I often think I need some event or profound thought to write about.  Well, nothing too spectacular the last few days.

A dear friend recently lost a family member, someone who I know loved God, but had been slightly mentally handicapped from birth, and then got cancer that ravaged his body for years.  Finally the Lord took him home earlier this week, and while I know the family is sad for their loss, I know they share also the feeling I had of elation for this man who had been broken and incomplete all his life, and is now whole, glorious, with Jesus.  We sing a song at Grace originally written by Dustin Maust, its called "Ever Sing."  It's about the beautiful sound of worship that arises as a response to God's revelation of himself to us time and again, especially when He speaks to  us.  A couple times this week as I've thought of Kevin in relation to that song, it's been almost overwhelming.  In those moments of aware of my longing to be with Him, and ever sing "Holy, Holy, Holy."  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know of at least four others that are interested in your thoughts. You are prized by majesty.