Monday, November 12, 2007

Response to this Weekend

So much has come together this week into this past weekend, that has been pretty huge, I think a catalyst for some great personal growth. Reading the second chapter of Tozer's Pursuit of God, doing some Scriptural reflection on David vs. Saul, attending Hillsong United's Conference in Orlando, and having church yesterday all have come together for a weekend filled with re-connection with God. I've found myself thankful to God, and praying for more revelation, for more hunger, for strength to act on what I've heard this weekend and on how God has used these circumstances to speak to my heart. It's been a great weekend. I am reminded of Paul's response to the glory of God in his purposes in Romans:

"Oh the depths of the riches of the wisdom
and the knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
...For from Him, and through Him, and to Him be all things, to Him be glory forever!"

I was reminded of a quote from Psalm 48 that I heard Brian Houston using on a video this weekend: "As we have heard, so we have seen, in the city of the Lord Almighty, in the city of our God: God makes her secure forever." If we trust in Him, cling to Him, hold on to Him, make him our treasure above all else, He promises nothing short of all that He is. I think that's a pretty good bargain.

No comments: