Friday, November 9, 2007

God-filled Weekend Ahead

I am so pumped about going to the Hillsong United conference starting tonight at Baptist world here in Orlando. I've been really listening up some of their songs in the last couple weeks. When you kind of set aside everything else and just sit and listen, or watch their DVD's, you find the songs are awesome. The lyrics to many of the songs are so rich.

I have high hopes and desires for this time as to what it would be for me. I am in need of a closeness of God's presence. I want intimacy with Him, and I want it to be lasting, not just the old conference high that goes away and you're back to normal by next Wednesday. I pray that this weekend is a catalyst for some real spiritual growth for me, as well as my wife, and our friends who are coming with us. Church and leading worship on Sunday should be awesome after this, if any of us have voices...

No comments: