Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter at Eola

As many of you know, Easter at Eola was absolutely an awesome and amazing experience. I received many kudos from people for the work I did organizing this thing. You can read a good assessment and a sincere thank you which I wholeheartedly second at Mike's blog. I've been talking and thinking so much about Easter over the past couple days, I at the current moment I don't feel like writing it all out, but just know that in my mind it was one of the most amazing things I've ever done, it was a milestone for me in ministry, and I believe it is a turing point for our church.

Here's the deal for me as we move forward: every weekend ought to have this much energy, care, focus, prayer, volunteerism around it. I am so proud of all the volunteers who stepped forward to help with Easter, and I believe it may be time for many of them to take their next step in serving. Not that they aren't already giving and serving already, just that for some, there is another step that God has. This is a turning point in our church--we can either all jump in and make the most of it, really get on board with where God is taking us, or we can keep doing what we're doing. Maintaining. I'd rather respond to God's all by giving our all, our very best. Thanks to all who are already doing this with us. He smiles on us when our work changes lives.

No comments: