Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!

I'm pumped about tomorrow morning. Most of our staff plus a couple key volunteers are heading off on a little road trip to the little town of Anderson, S.C. I've never been to South Carolina, believe it or not, so I can add one more state to places I've been. Road trips don't happen very often in my life, and I've probably only taken a road trip with friends only two or three times in my life. So the opportunity to get in the car with friends (isn't it cool that our staff can call each other good friends?) and head out is great.

We're heading to Newspring Church for a little conference called Unleash. It should be good, just a little one day deal, a little refresher, and just an introduction to how they do it. I'm excited because what little I've seen of them, I like. And Mike and I were pumped about the title of the first lecture from Perry Noble: "One Decision Away from Breakthrough." My hope is that each of us as individuals will get something really good out of this time, and that as a group we will just really enjoy each other's company. We darn well better cause we've got three days of it... I pray God would just meet each of us in a special way, tell us exactly what he wants us to hear. I look forward to processing what we hear and see. I look forward to worshipping with the Newspring Worship team. It'll be a nice little bit of fun before the Easter craziness next week. I'm excited about the potential!

1 comment:

SLM said...

I met a boy at Lake Junaluska when I was in 8th grade named David Smith. He was my camp boyfriend. He lived in Anderson, SC. :-)

If you see him, say hello from me!