Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Crazy Times

Life is a bit hectic right now. We closed on the new house on Friday late afternoon! It was an interesting experience, signing a bunch of paperwork. I walked out not really understanding half of what I signed but knowing it's OK too. We got a new washer and dryer due to the seller's forgetfulness--they told us to go to Appliance Direct and pick out something comparable to what she had in there. Soooo--"BWAND NEW....IN THE BOX...from Worrrs laaagest appwiance showroom!"--we got a GE matching set.

Of course the delivery guys showed up with these at the end of their 2hr window last night, so I didn't get to fire those bad boys up until about 9:00PM, which made me stay and keep painting until almost 11:00PM. I have painted one wall and closet doors for the nursery (nursery!) and the first coat on one wall of the master BR. I have to figure out the easiest way to paint over varnished wood. My good friend Brad gave me all kinds of advice last night on things I can do that are relatively cheap that will help us as we're just moving in...things like changing the outlets from 2-prong to 3-prong, putting contact paper in the cabinets rather than painting them, and getting a closet organizer system for the pantry.

I'll probably head over there again tonight for another evening of painting and doing laundry. Maybe a run to Lowe's for a few basic items too--so glad there's a nice new Lowe's 5 minutes away! Pics will follow soon...

No comments: