Friday, September 5, 2008

Mac is just Easier

So, for a year now I've been using Microsoft Entourage on my mac. This week, for the hundredth time, I was in the middle of an email trying to attach something and the program froze up and then decided to jump ship. Thanks to Kepiad of Masking and Unveiling fame for setting up OSX's mail program in the midst of the other 200 things she's doing this week.

Life has been so much easier since I got off entourage. I only open my entourage once a day now to check hotmail, which is mostly forwards about banning Citgo and how Barack Obama=the devil (Honestly, people, I don't have time to read that crap). Address book functions so nicely, as well as the integration of iCal when people send dates, and the ability to make quick notes and to-do's. AND, when I used Entourage, I only received about 1/5th of my total emails on my phone. Now, with Mail, I receive 100% of my emails on my phone, which is largely just redundant until the time I'm on the road and need to be accessible. Yet another way that Apple's clever, slightly sarcastic commercials, ring true.

No comments: