Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday Dump on Monday Night

I got the idea of a mind dump from Gary Lamb, pastor of Revolution Church in rural North Georgia. I don't know that it will become a weekly tradition, but it's just my excuse for not titling the post "Random Thoughts."

I posted the first half of the mind dump earlier on Grace's blog, which will post soon if it hasn't already.
Because of my part of working with the small groups at our church, I'm finally learning to type the word "curriculum" without having to hit 'backspace.' Back in 6th or 7th grade I went to Ann Arbor, MI for a state-wide spelling bee. I only made it two or three rounds. It still is the most time I've ever spent in Ann Arbor, home of U of M.

When you're on staff of a church, the rhythm of your week is a bit different from the rest of the world. On Monday morning I have a small group of men that meets at 6am. It's sort of my time for connecting with my own spiritual life and growing with other men. Around 8am, after the group, is when I begin to count down toward next Sunday. I think about the day before and what went right and what didn't. I actually kind of appreciate having staff meeting on Monday mornings, because even though we're tired from the day before (especially when you're getting up that early two days in a row), we hit the ground running.

Tomorrow night and Wednesday we're taking a quick retreat as a staff. Some pastors are renaming these "Staff advances" rather than retreats, because it's a time to plan, focus, set goals as we look to the future of our church. It just so happens that a friend of Grace is allowing us to use their beach condo for the night. The beach is so relaxing!

Here's a recent pic of Aidan...Being his Dad is wonderful and profound.

No comments: