Friday, December 14, 2007

Looking ahead and behind

This week we did some looking back at 2007 at Grace, and some looking ahead at 2008. We did a TON in 2007! We did a lot of special events, we really amped up our small groups and saw significant life change from it, and we achieved greater effectiveness in all of our different endeavors. Looking back, I think we see God's hand in all of it. Through our work and through connecting others to God and to each other, people's lives have been changed. Many have been challenged to take their next step toward Christ.

We plan to keep up, improve, and amp up things in the next year. Just in the time from now to Easter I think I counted ten significant events/momentum builders on our calendar. The goal in these is that they would challenge our people to take another step toward Christ. My personal hope and prayer for our leaders is the desire I have for myself as we step into the new year--that a spirit of prayer, a spiritual awareness and receptivity would increase in us. I see it happening already among us, and its great. A men's group I'm currently part of has been a catalyst for that in my heart, and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm pumped about some of the songs I think we may start playing next year when our worship leader comes on full time. We're definitely going to the next level in that area, as we hopefully get a few simple lights, and we start singing some of Hillsong's recent stuff (It's REALLY good stuff they're coming out with these days!). We have a talented band. A really talented band that it is an awesome privilege to be a part of. I look forward to more times when our congregation catches the passion for God, and connects to Holy Spirit in worship. Those moments are amazing and I cherish them.

No comments: