Saturday, December 15, 2007

Peculiar People

You've probably never heard of this husband and wife drama duo, Peculiar People. I saw them about three years ago when they came to RTS to do a chapel service, and then a little "Steve's Front Porch" kind of reflection time with Steve Brown and Buddy Greene. In their dramas and storytelling they do half comedy, half serious, and they're really good at what they do. I remember laughing and crying within five minutes of each other. I won't soon forget when they did a drama based on the 2nd or 3rd chapter of Steve Brown's book, When Being Good Isn't Good Enough. It really touched me. I recently got their newsletter in the mail, which is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming as well. I'm excited about their plans to start a church focused in the arts in South Carolina. Hmmm....yet another couple with a good excuse to move to the Carolinas... Anyway, if anyone from SC is reading this, or even if you're not,
check them out if you have a chance!

No comments: