Friday, February 29, 2008

Blog I like

I have an awesome mother in law. She doesn't fit the stereotype. She's a great blogger, one of those that's really reflective and artistic with her writing. Check it out! She'll be leading a group of women in our church through the small group study on Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. I'm excited for that time, and whatever women are in there don't know how lucky they are!

Anne and I enjoyed a short getaway in downtown Gainesville after our staff mini-retreat. The staff retreat was a blast! Dinner at a nice restaurant, followed by a wild goose chase around Ocala that ended up at the local "Fun Spot" with the staff ramming each other with GoKarts. The next morning we hit it hard for much of the day with some good, at times intense discussion about some of the major topics on our plate. We're taking a lot of steps as a church so we had a lot to cover.

So then after the retreat I took Anne for a short getaway at Sweetwater Branch Inn, in downtown Gainesville. We had a nice little romantic time that included some God moments and some good discussion in the car and over meals. It was just a good little refresher to hang together since our schedules are so different these days. We loved the cooler weather in Gainesville, and there is a definite coolness factor to it since it's a college town. One thing I don't need to see for a while is anything orange and blue with an alligator head...


On a completely different note, I need to speak to a pet peeve right now. Just need to blow off a little steam: Those who never ever send me personal emails but only those that the subject line looks like "FW:Fwd:Fw:FWD:Fw:Re: IF YOU DON'T PASS THIS ON YOU DON'T HAVE A SOUL!!!" -- you know who you are--I like you and I'm glad you have the time to read these, and that you have a soft spot in your heart. The stories are often touching. Unfortunately, I don't have time to read these, so when I see your name and anything like "Fwd" in the subject line, I hit the delete button. If that makes you mad or disappointed, I'm sorry, I still like you (and if your family, I really do love you and enjoy you), I just would like to ACTUALLY hear from you some time. The danger of all the forwards is that if I get a real email from you some day, I may delete it without knowing that you actually were saying something specifically to me.

Glad we got that cleared up. :-)

No comments: