Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bluegrass Prodigy

Anne and I have always loved the music of Alison Krauss and Union Station. I came across this on youtube, and I've never heard of this little girl, who appears to be about 11 or 12 in this video. For a 12 year old, she can really tickle that mandolin! There's many more clips on youtube of her appearing with bluegrass artists.




I'm amazed at all three of these vids, but that last one is the most insane one of all. All of them are playing insanely fast...how does one play an acoustic guitar that fast? Absolutely astounding. I think I'm officially in a bluegrass music phase, where I'm listening to it in my new 4Runner's CD player (so great to not have to listen to the stupid radio!) and while I'm working. It's fun, especially with stuff like this!

No comments: