Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stuff I Found While Packing

Probably so you can get a little hint of my world, and especially where I've come from, I'll tell you some of the stuff I've come across while packing to move:


BOOKS! Lots of books, including:
--The Five Points of Calvinism
--Paul: An Outline of his Theology by Herman Ridderbos
--The (Westminster) Shorter Catechism explained from Scripture by Thomas Vincent
--Salvation on Sand Mountain by Dennis Covington
--Many, many more, mostly on theology, church, and commentaries on Bible books

CD's: Between Anne and I, I'm sure we have close to 1000 CD's. I've been looking online at the cost of a big CD shelf for all of them, but it's not a priority purchase. The thing about it though, I would say 95% of the CD's are pre-2004, and probably 80% of our CD's are from before 2000. Thanks to iTunes, we no longer have to buy whole CD's for the few songs that we like!

I shredded a lot of old paperwork tonight too, old bills, credit card offers, etc. I also threw away a lot of old papers and misc stuff from my seminary days, papers I'd written, things I'd printed off, handouts, notes, stuff like that. I get a lot of enjoyment out of shedding clutter, it really makes me feel good!

I packed up a few things that I had outside on this little fenced in patio we have at our apartment--hoses, extension cords, tools...and I came across a box of miscellaneous PVC fittings, mostly for 3/4 PVC. Anyone need a bunch of plumbing parts?

Who knows what else will turn up as I pack. Even now there is $25 Canadian that is leftover from our honeymoon that we need to find a foreign exchange and get US cash for...

No comments: