Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Awesome Sermon Series Coming

The sermon series' we have picked for the summer are awesome: The Man Series, which we just wrapped up, was great; very effective, it really spoke to men and women. Now this Sunday we start Cinemology, a six week series on particular movies. It'll be interesting to see where we turn out with The Matrix this Sunday. I had also picked out a movie for my sermon on July 6, then I was going to renig it and choose a different one, but then I found out that things were already set in motion and I couldn't go back, so I'm going to be preaching on Spiderman 3.
I am excited about it, unfortunately, more than one person has told me spiderman 2 was the best movie of the trilogy, that they didn't like 3 as much. The more I think about it from a movie watching standpoint, I think they're right, but there is so much content in SP3! Lots of stuff about forgiveness and revenge. I was considering the Patriot, being July 4th weekend and all, but oh well. Spiderman 3 will be good. I watched it the other day and definitely enjoyed it.

No comments: