Monday, June 9, 2008

What God Seems to Be Teaching Me

Lately it seems like God is teaching me to trust Him more. In a season of life where things are changing rapidly for my wife and I--new home and new baby all at once--we've actually been pretty blessed by God. I was able to sell my old Ford Ranger and get into the first vehicle I've had since high school that had working air conditioning AND ran well. I love my work at Grace, I am constantly seeing the evidence of its fruit. Our new home will require some sacrifice in time and money, but its ours HIS.

Not every day feels happy-go-lucky, let's take a skip in the park. And it's in those times of difficult decisions, challenges, sacrifices, and fears that I'm constantly fighting the urge to fear and remembering the Word of the Lord. With all the challenges David faced, his Psalms always end with a statement of trust in God. The song we sing, Faithful, is the cry of so many passages of Scripture. Do you need to trust God more? Do you tend to try to do everything on your own and then get mad at God when it's not going right? Remember that your hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness--he's the rock on which You stand.

No comments: