Monday, June 30, 2008

New Record

I could start backposting to boost my June post numbers, but instead I'll just let 12 be the new number to beat. Sorry to disappoint, but it will be a while before I get to my wife's status of posting every day, like many bloggers I know.

Saw a great line the other day: "Going to church won't make you any more a Christian than going to the Moose Lodge will make you a moose." When you make a commitment to Christ and his church, you go there. But just going to church without Jesus being the center of your life, the person you love the most and desire to obey, does not make you a Christian. The New Testament makes clear that faith without deeds is dead, and also says deeds alone are not enough. We need the work of Jesus Christ on our behalf to save us from the consequences of sin. Going to church because it's a good thing to do does not by osmosis make you right with the "man upstairs." You've got to recognize He's so much more than the "man upstairs," he's the Holy Lord, God Almighty, and he wants your love and your heart.

No comments: